Sunday, September 21, 2014

A Well-Flowered Celebration

As I mentioned a couple weeks ago, I was involved in organizing a local group of crafters to make crafted flowers, garland, bouquets, and other decorations for one of my very dear friends wedding. We had less than a month and cranked out over a hundred flowers made with various materials and styles. It all came together beautifully, and I was so proud of what our little clique could do when we put our minds to it. I did the felt ones, other gals did ones from melted fabric, tulle, crocheted yarn, origami, and coffee filters. There were also some white ones that were originally from my wedding dress, but I had them taken off since the clashed with the lace, so they were more of a craft supply than something sentimental. It was still nice to contribute that though. I also provided the vintage suitcase and sign for the card box. The bouquet handle was made with a vintage wooden bobbin that someone wrapped in coordinating yarn.








We never got pictures of the finished bouquet before the night of the wedding, so the colors are weird from the church stage lights in these:







 The couple had am English Tea themed cake reception. I provided scones, too! The groom is a Brit, so I thought it was all quite appropriate and fun.






No comments:

Post a Comment